Tickets for up to Six Adults to the The Origins Centre
The Origins Centre provides visitors with the a unique journey of discovery to Africa's rich and complex history.
Based in the bustling metropolis of Johannesburg, South Africa, the centre is brilliant for school-age children and holds the most formidable collection of rock art in the world, led by the work of the Khoisan people, the original South Africans.
Explore your origins at The Origins Centre at Wits through interactive exhibits. The newest heritage resource in South Africa, this is one of the finest learning centres and home to Khoi San Rock Art in the world. It is also a facility where you explore the origins of humans in Africa and peek into the fascinating world of the earliest humans.
What’s the Deal?
- 2 x Tickets for Two Adults to The Origin Centre – R85 (valued at R160)
- 4 x Tickets for Four Adults to The Origin Centre – R149 (valued at R320)
- 6 x Tickets for Six Adults to The Origin Centre – R195 (valued at R480)
Things to See and Do at the Origins Centre
- Explore the history of humankind
- Learn about the culture, language and trans-inducing ceremonies of the San people
- See an astonishing collection of fossils, stone age tools and rock art
- See the earliest image made by man
- Take an 80,000 year journey to the present in search of the art and culture that has inspired and motivated humans in their search for innovation and modernity
- Experience the oldest known ritual that is still practiced today – the San/Bushman trance dance.
- Trace their genetic make up through DNA and find out who they really are
- Audio guides are available in six languages - Zulu, Sotho, English, Afrikaans, French and German.
How much time do I need?
- One to two hours minimum (2-hours is the recommended time to explore this stop)
How much are tickets for children?
- Child (under 12) R40
About the Exhibits – Journey of discovery
Exhibits take visitors on an extraordinary journey of discovery, which begins with the origins of humankind in Africa. It then moves through the development of art, symbolism and technology on the continent.
The second phase of the Museum focuses on the fossils discovered in South Africa and the contribution that these fossils have made to understanding the development of humankind.
The journey then continues, showing the destruction of the diverse southern African rock art traditions – the world’s oldest continuous art forms, before ending with the rediscovery of these ancient masterworks in a contemporary world.
- Validity: The deal is valid for 3 months from date of purchase.
- No reservation required. Walk-ins are welcome.
- Operating hours: Monday to Saturday (10h00 – 17h00).
- Tickets are valid for Adults only.
- Visitors are welcome to explore the centre at their leisure.
- Subject to availability.
- Picture displayed is only a representation.
- Merchant is solely responsible to purchasers for the care and quality of the advertised goods and service.
You Save R75.00
Limited time only!
Over 189 bought
In a Nutshell
Validity: The deal is valid for 3 months from date of purchase. No reservation required. Walk-ins are welcome. Operating hours: Monday to Saturday (10h00 – 17h00). Tickets are valid for Adults only. Subject to availability.