Kizomba Dance Lessons at HNS Salsa
HNS Salsa is a Johannesburg-based dance studio which offers various dances including Bachata, Salsa, Kizmoba and much more!
Whether a regular or first-timer, HNS provides a professional environment for all to express themselves and get a taste of the sultry dance and choose to take their new hobby to the next level
Let the beat and rhythm take control!
What's The Deal?
- 3 x Kizomba dance lessons – R115 (valued at R240)
- 5 x Kizomba dance lessons – R165 (valued at R400)
- 10 x Kizomba dance lessons – R299 (valued at R800)
What is Kizomba?
More About the Kizomba Dance Lessons
- Kizomba is a partnered dance, which some call the African Tango and it originated from Angola
- Gained popularity throughout Africa, then into France and now World Wide
- The music is slow, rhythmical and smooth, mostly sung in Portuguese and French, but these days you hear the Kizomba beat in commercial music like Sorry by Justin Bieber
- Kizomba is one of the most popular genres of dance and music originating from Angola
- It is a derivative of samba, with a mix of Kilapanda and Angolan Merengue, and sung generally in Portuguese
- It is music with a romantic flow
- It was the Kimbundu name for a dance in Angola as early as 1894.
What to Expect
- On arrival you pay a lesson fee and receive a sticker as receipt of payment
- Grab a drink at the bar, find a seat and get chatting to the other Salsa/Kizomba-Holics
- You will know when the lesson is about to start as one of the appointed instructors will be calling you to join them on the dance floor
- The instructors will teach the 1st half of a routine and then put it together with a song
- Break for 5 minutes, to rehydrate
- The 2nd half of the routine is taught and then danced/practiced to another song
- To end, a warm down song (old and new students are expected to join in)
- Students are encouraged to stay after the class, practice and enjoy the Latin Rhythms
What to Wear
- Smart to causal, just not gym gear
- To start off with, it is not necessary to have dance shoes, but if you enjoy dancing, it is best to have the right tools
- Rubber soles e.g. takkies/trainers are not advised as you tend to stick to the floor
- Office work shoes for men and for the ladies a bit of a heel helps you into your turns
- Do not wear loose sandals or flip flops
Levels and When to Move Up
Level One: Beginners
- You must have completed four to five beginner lessons, with practice after the classes before moving on to level two
- With no practice, you will not improve
- After class, turn to the first person you see and ask them for a dance
- Once you are completely comfortable with the basic Salsa steps and turns, you may move on to level 2
Level Two: Improvers
- Here you learn the fundamental moves of Salsa/Kizomba, giving you the best foundation to be a great advanced dancer
- So don’t rush this class
- In this class there is a seven-week syllabus, which you need to have completed the syllabus three times before considering moving to the next class
- Here it is always advised to ask your instructor if they think you are ready to move up another level
Level Three: Intermediate/Advanced
- In this level, you are taught a new sequence every week, giving you new ideas to put into your dancing
- You are not expected to remember everything, but make sure you take away one new move, and practice it after class and try to implement it at the next Salsa Party
- Tuesday only
- Venue: OTG Bar & Kitchen
- Address: Cambridge Crossing, Cnr Stonehaven & Witkoppen - Paulshof
- Beginners: 19h15 to 20h15
- Improvers: 19h15 to 20h15
- Intermediate: 20h30 to 21h30
- Salsa, Bachata and Kizomba
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info
- The deal is valid for three months from date of purchase.
- Reservation required: 072 265 6101 and email: email@example.com, include copy of the Hyperli voucher.
- Only valid Tuesdays
- One Hyperli voucher per person; four additional may be bought as a gift.
- Hyperli voucher must be presented upon arrival.
- 48-hour cancellation policy applies.
- No-shows forfeit Hyperli
- New customers only
- Subject to availability
In a Nutshell
The deal is valid for three months from date of purchase. Reservation required: 072 265 6101 and email: firstname.lastname@example.org, include copy of the Hyperli voucher. New customers only One Hyperli voucher per person; four additional may be bought as a gift.