Tandem Paragliding Flight with Skywings Paragliding
Being asked to run and jump off a mountain is not for the faint-hearted. But the experience – truly exhilarating! With Skywings guests are offered the unique opportunity to take to the sky and see the beautiful Mother City from a birds-eye view. From the vastness of the Atlantic Ocean to the iconic Cape Town stadium and everything in-between guests in are for a once in a lifetime treat.
A SAHPA and THK qualified instructor with extensive experience and training ensures that each flight is safe and most importantly fun!
What's The Deal?
- Tandem paragliding flight – R1149
- Tandem Paragliding launches from either Lions Head or Signal Hill depending on the direction of the wind on the day of your booking
- Duration of tandem paragliding varies and it’s not possible to guarantee a specific flight time due to the changeable nature of the wind and general weather conditions in Cape Town
- Tandem Paragliding will only resume in conditions that are safe to launch and land
- Up to 20 minutes of the most enjoyable flight ever
- In general paragliding in Cape Town can be anything from 5 to 20 minutes in duration
- The instructor will inform you when making your booking where to meet
- This will either be at Lions Head or Signal Hill parking lot
- Enjoy exquisite scenery of the Atlantic coastline, Camps Bay, Table Mountain, Green Point and the Waterfront when the weather conditions are favourable
- After the flight, you will be taken back to where you parked your car with your instructor or you can be collected from the landing site
- This can be checked with the instructor prior to the flight where this will be
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the minimum/maximum age to fly?
- Almost anybody can partake in paragliding at Skywings as they have flown passengers from 5 years old and up.
Is there a weight restriction to fly?
- Each canopy has a limit on how many kilograms it can carry, the pilots are carefully matched to each passenger according to their combined weight and the weather conditions
- Skywings currently enforces a weight limit of 110kg
How long will I be in the air?
- Each flight duration is a minimum of 10 minutes depending on the weather conditions which contribute to the thermal lift
What do I need to wear?
- Wear comfortable clothing and a sturdy pair of shoes like training shoes
What do I need to take with me?
- Bring sunglasses and a bottle of water
Do I need any training or experience to fly?
- No experience is required to fly as you will be fully briefed prior to take off
- You will run a few steps and the rest is in the hands of your fully qualified pilot
- In flight videos and photos are available upon request at an additional fee
- Please confirm if you would like these when making your booking to ensure pilot has cameras prepared before your flight
- The deal is valid for 12 months from date of purchase.
- Reservation required: 071 605 0986, WhatsApp +447446440676 and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Monday to Friday (08h00 – 20h00).
- No-shows forfeit voucher.
- 48-hour cancellation policy applies.
- Must be older than 5 years of age and under 87.
- Equipment provided.
- Health/Medical Restrictions: Pilot has experience flying disabled individuals.
- Minimum weight is 20kgs and maximum weight is 120kgs.
- Must sign waiver.
- Rescheduling policy: 24 Hours.
- Weather Restrictions: Merchant will only fly in conditions that allow him to launch and land safely.
- The paragliding launch site they use depends on the wind direction on day of booking.
- Launch site will be either Lions Head or Signal Hill.
In a Nutshell
Valid for 12 months from date of purchase Reservation required: 071 605 0986, WhatsApp +447446440676 and email@example.com Monday to Friday, 08h00 to 20h00