Nepal: 12-Day Mt Everest Base Camp Trek
Conquer the climb to Everest Base Camp trekking in Nepal.
A hike to Mt Everest Base camp will let you experience the rich climbing and cultural history that abounds in Nepal as well as the spectacular mountain scenery surrounded by the highest mountain in the world.
Trek to the base camp of Mount Everest, all the while taking in the amazingly diverse and vibrant landscape and topography.
What's the Deal?
- 12-Day Everest Base Camp Trek for One – R15 999 (valued at R32 000)
*Deal is valid for 1 person, based on 2 people sharing
- Airport Drop for Domestic Flight
- Domestic Airport Tax
- Teahouse accommodation including Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner during the trek
- Farewell dinner at the end of the trip
- Domestic flights (Kathmandu - Lukla - Kathmandu)
- An experienced, English-speaking and government-licensed trekking guide.
- Porter service (2 trekkers: 1 porter)
- Staff costs including their salary, insurance, equipment, domestic airfare, food, and accommodation
- All necessary paperwork and trekking permits (National Park Permit, TIMS)
- Medical kit (carried by your trek leader)
- All government and local taxes
- Nepalese visa fee
- Excess baggage charge(s)
- Entrance Fee for Sightseeing
- Extra night accommodation in Kathmandu because of early arrival, late departure, early return from mountain (due to any reason) than the scheduled itinerary
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu (and also in the case of early return from the mountain than the scheduled itinerary)
- International flights
- Travel and rescue insurance
- Personal expenses (phone calls, laundry, bar bills, battery recharge, extra porters, bottle or boiled water, shower, etc.
- Tips for guide(s), porter(s) and driver(s)
- Cold drinks; Cola, Fanta, Sprite, and mineral water, Phone calls, laundry, beer and bar bills
Day 01: Flight to Lukla (2,804 m) and Trek to Phakding (2,610 m) – 3 hours.
We take an early morning flight to Lukla and meet the rest of the crew members in Lukla and start our trek. The trail then leads to Phakding via Cheplung village from where we get a magnificent view of Mt. Khumbila, a sacred mountain which has never been summited. Overnight at Phakding
Day 02: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3,441 m) – 5 hours.
We continue our walk on the trail that goes north up the Benkar valley. We cross Dudh Koshi River and pass Chumoa and Monjo's villages leading the entrance to the Everest National Park. Then we pass Jorsale village crossing a suspension bridge and walk alongside the Dudh Koshi and Bhote Koshi rivers. We continue our trek ascending on a steep trail and reach Namche Bazaar. Overnight in Namche Bazaar.
Day 03: Namche Bazaar Acclimatization Day.
We explore Namche Bazaar and hike-up to Sagarmatha National Park and enjoy the sunrise over the Himalayas including Mt. Everest, Lhotse, Nuptse, Ama Dablam, Thamserku, Kongde and so on. If we are interested in a day hike, we can trek to Khumjung village. Overnight in Namche Bazaar.
Day 04: Trek to Tengboche (3,860 m) – 5 hours.
The trek until Phunki is an easy walk. From here we ascend towards Tengboche village exploring famous Tengboche monastery which is the biggest monastery of the Everest region. It is located within the Sagarmatha National Park which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The monastery is blessed with panoramic views of the Himalayas, including Mt. Everest, Nuptse, Lhotse, Ama Dablam, and Thamserku. The Tengboche Monastery opens at 3:00 pm, so if we reach there by 3 o’clock we can observe a Buddhist religious ceremony.
Day 05: Trek to Dingboche (4,350 m) 4 – 5 hours.
We walk downhill to Debuche and cross the Imja River to reach Pangboche. The trek continues passing through the upper Pangboche trail and exploring the Pangboche Monastery. We continue our walk to Dingboche via Imja Valley and Lobuche River. Overnight at Dingboche.
Day 06: Acclimatization Hike to Nangkartshang Peak (5,083 m) 3 – 4 hours.
Spending a day in Dingboche will help us to acclimate to the high altitude. We can spend time hiking to a hill about four hours behind Dingboche to view the world’s tallest peaks including Lhotse, Makalu, and Cho Oyu. Overnight at Dingboche.
Day 07: Trek to Lobuche (4,910 m) 4 – 5 hours.
The trek continues walking around 7 hours (9 km)along the Himalayan trail heading towards the famous base camp of the world’s tallest peak exploring the breathtaking magnificent view of the mountains. The trail then continues via Dughla pass to the mountain village of Lobuche for the overnight stay.
Day 08: Trek to Everest Base Camp (5,365 m) & walk to Gorak Shep (5,180 m) 6 – 7 hours.
Today we continue our trek to Everest Base camp walking long day nearly 12 hours (17 km) to Gorakshep. After reaching Gorak shep, check-in at the lodge, have lunch and walk to the Base Camp to enjoy amazing views of Nuptse, Khumbuste and Pumori mountains. Then we walk back to Gorakshep from the base camp for overnight stay.
Day 09: Morning Hike to Kala Patthar (5,555 m) & descend to Pheriche (4,200 m) 4 – 6 Hours
After early breakfast, we walk up to the highest point of the trek, Kalapatthar for a magnificent view of the world’s tallest Everest and several other mountains like Lingtren, Khumbutse, and Changtse mountains. It takes about three hours to reach the top. After spending some time at the summit of Kala Patthar, we walk back to Gorak Shep for lunch which is relatively easier than hiking up to Kala Patthar. After lunch, we hike down to Pheriche to spend the night.
Day 10: Trek to Namche Bazaar (3,441 m) 4– 6 hours.
Leaving the mountains behind us, our descent takes us through Pangboche and Tengboche before continuing to the town of Namche Bazaar. We arrive back to Namche in the afternoon. Overnight at a guesthouse.
Day 11: Trek to Lukla (2,804 m) 5 – 6 hours.
This is our last day of trekking as we return to Lukla where the trek began. We enjoy this time to reflect on the trek as a group and the personal achievement of all those who took part. The afternoon is free, so you can wander about, relax and enjoy a hot shower! Overnight at a guesthouse.
Day 12: Flight from Lukla to Kathmandu.
We catch an early morning flight to Kathmandu after our long mountain journey. Upon arrival in Kathmandu, you will be transferred to your hotel. We take you for a cultural dinner in the evening.
See General Terms & Conditions of a voucher
You've Arrived! Check out Hyperli Flights powered by TravelStart. Find the cheapest flights, get an estimate and compare prices with major airlines on all international and local flights in seconds.
- The deal is valid until 31st March 2020.
- Booking required: email firstname.lastname@example.org to book.
- Deal is valid for 1 person, based on 2 people sharing.