Kloofing for up to Four with Impact Adventure Africa
Are you looking for something more than hiking in the Gauteng, Hatbeespoort, Rustenburg and Magaliesberg, do you want to add climbing, jumping, sliding, bouldering, abseiling and swimming… all in one day! Then Kloofing is for you!
Under the professional guidance of Impact’s qualified and registered guides, you'll experience a kloofing adventure you simply can’t get enough of.
What’s the Deal?
Kloofing for Two – R789 (valued at R1580)
Kloofing for Four – R1419 (valued at R3160)
What is kloofing?
Also known as Canyoning or Canyoneering.
This is a mountaineering discipline where you explore a river gorge deep in the mountains, where most people try their best to stay away from the cliff edges, it is here where adrenaline junkies’ ultimate mission is to navigate through the river shallows, jump and swim through sometime icy mountain pools, slide down natural water slides and abseil in and around waterfalls.
About the Experience
The first on our s’morger board is Fern Kloof a 50m wide and 100m deep gorge, in Northern Magaliesberg, near Rustenburg. We meet at the parking area at the resort at 07h00 for our famous “naweek koffie” brewed on the fire, served with condensed milk and a yummy homemade rusk. We will complete final administration and kit issue before starting the walk up and around on a well-defined path (this is on one of the hiking trails) this will take about 1 hour.
We will start the kloofing with a short scramble into the gorge via a narrow gully. Or we can start directly with a 60 m abseil and follow the river down the gorge, walking, rock hopping, wading, swimming, jumping and abseiling along the way to make our way to the exit point. Along the way we’ll stop for a lunch break (normally quite early) and with a bit of luck we’re back at the cars around 14h30 – in time for a leisurely drive back home or make arrangements with our booking office for an overnight stay.
What to Wear:
• Shoes good for hiking as well as swimming (eg: trainers) must have a good grip in both wet and dry conditions.
• Had and sunblock
• Shorts or long pants
• T-shirt or golf shirt
• Wet suits optional
What to Bring
• Water bottle (at least 1 litre),
• Lunch, snacks
• Critical personal medications
• Pack a light water & windproof jacket
• Small backpack. Feel free to bring a wetsuit if you get cold easily. Assume that everything that you take with you WILL get wet. Bring a dry change of clothes to leave in the car for when you get back.
Minimum Age: 12 years
Fitness Level: Average
Maximum Weight: 120.0 kg
Experience Level: No Experience Requirement
Duration: Average of 6 hours
Mean altitude in the North West is 1700m
- Validity: Valid for 3 months from date or purchase.
- Booking essential – WhatsApp 0838999882 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The pin location will be sent via Whatsapp.
- Excludes resort entrance fee of R70 and parking fee of R30.
- Activity dependent on weather and/or water conditions.
- Operation hours: Monday to Sunday including public holidays (09h00 – 16h30).
- Hyperli voucher to be presented upon arrival.
- Hyperli voucher to be redeemed when making the booking or before any service is rendered.
- No refunds are applicable for redeemed vouchers – bookings will be rescheduled
- 48-hour cancellation policy applies.
- No-shows forfeit Hyperli voucher.
- 8 people minimum needed - will be grouped together with others.
- Subject to availability.
- Picture displayed is only a representation.
In a Nutshell
Validity: Valid for 3 months from date or purchase. Booking essential – WhatsApp 0838999882 or email email@example.com. The pin location will be sent via Whatsapp. Excludes resort entrance fee. Activity dependent on weather and/or water conditions. Operation hours: Monday to Sunday including public holidays (09h00 – 16h30). Hyperli voucher to be presented upon arrival. Hyperli voucher to be redeemed when making the booking or before any service is rendered. 48-hour cancellation policy applies. No-shows forfeit Hyperli voucher.