Interior Design Diploma with e-Careers
Are you thinking about starting a career as an Interior Designer? Maybe your dream is to set up your own business or perhaps you just want to endow yourself with the best knowledge to improve your own home with the latest décor. If you have answered yes to any of the above questions, then this programme is for you.
Why should I enroll onto this course?
By studying 11 interesting and informative modules, you will be able to consult, plan and design bespoke ideas for the inside of your own home as well as take this this knowledge to a professional level by projecting your skills to clients. This flexible programme will fit into your current commitments and promises you a very fulfilling and enlightening career direction.
What's the Deal?
- Interior design diploma – R399 (valued at R3557)
Key Learning Points
- Learn the origins of Interior design.
- Understand influences through the ages.
- Discover great Designers of our recent past.
- Explore defining a style.
- Learn how to work with space.
- Learn how to work with colour.
- Learn the seven design elements which influence a finished interior and the inter-relationship between each:
- Explore soft goods and hard goods.
- Discover the various flooring types – hard floors, carpets, rugs their suitability and safety.
- Understand the influence of lighting - natural daylight, artificial lighting.
- Lean about the various types of wall paper for different room in the house.
- Understand the different types of window frames.
- Discover all different types of doors available.
- Learn how to ad colour to a room by discovering and comparing various fabric types.
- Learn how to ‘complete the look’ by looking at the different accessories available to add to each room as a ‘finishing touch’.
- Learn how Create a file, Determine the size of your project, create a budget.
- Learn what a floor plan is and the create one, sketch the room, learn how to measure the area and create a scale drawing.
- Space planning – Consider the arrangement of objects and spaces, determine the best layout.
- Choosing a colour scheme – Look at colours and shades to suit each room.
- Choosing flooring – Look at various decorative floors and consider which are practical and cost-effective surfaces for each area of the house.
- Choosing wall treatments – Explore different wall types and determine how to chose wall treatments and accommodate for the different types of rooms in the house .
- Choosing lighting – Three basic types, General lighting, Task lighting, Accent lighting.
- Learn to consider cost, availability, assess natural daylight in each room.
- Learn how to work with existing furniture and sourcing similar styles.
- Learn to factor comfort into your suggestions and choices.
- Learn to save time by looking at your choice of colour scheme to narrow the range of furniture when you are sourcing.
- Evaluate space to see if you can accommodate more furniture.
- Learn to source furniture within a given budget.
- Learn how to choose window dressings.
- Learn what factors need to be considered when arranging furniture in a room.
- Learn how to bring the room together with soft furnishings such as cushions and throws, ornaments and pants etc.
- Discover the Tools of the trade.
- Learn how to make a living from Interior design and how to create a Business plan.
Advantages of this Course
- There are no entry requirements for this course, making it ideal for beginners.
- You will gain a prestigious Diploma recognised by industry leaders.
- Readily available for you to access online from anywhere.
- You can enhance your current career status by adding this qualification to your portfolio.
- At the end of each unit there is a multiple choice question assessment, which is a great way to help you remember the main points of each lesson and confirmation that you have retained the essential knowledge.
- Fulfill the dream of having your own practice and become your own boss.
- Valid until 31 December 2019.
- Redemption: To redeem click https://www.e-careers.courses/redeem-voucher
- Enter your voucher code and click "Redeem".
- Enter your details and your email address.
- You will receive an email with instructions on how to access the course within three working days of redemption.
- Further Information:
- Customer service support 7am-7pm GMT via telephone, email and online chat. 12 months unlimited access to course content.
- Training runs on any Flash based computer.
- Browser settings need to be changed when using a Mac. Information found here https://www.e-careers.courses/faqs
- Hyperli does not cover additional tax, service charge or gratuity.
- Limited to 1 voucher per person; unlimited vouchers can be purchased as gifts.
- Picture displayed is only a representation.
- Subject to availability.
- One voucher per person; one additional may be bought as a gift.
In a Nutshell
Valid until 31 December 2019. Redemption: To redeem: e-careers.com/redeem-voucher. Enter your voucher code and click "Redeem". Enter your details and your email address.