East Asia: 6-Day 'China Capital' Land Tour
The "China Capital" will lead you to the capital city of China and historic monuments in Beijing.
With a modern facade, China is steeped in breathtaking antiquity and bewildering scenery.
The vast land which provides a riveting jumble of widely differing cultures, dialects, climatic and topographical extremes, is an adventurer's playground.
Whether an urban dweller, hiker, cyclist, history-fanatic or foodie, China will leave you spoilt for choice and most importantly leave you with a sense of belonging.
What's the Deal?
- Option 1: 6-Day 'China Capital' Land Tour (per person sharing) – R4 999 (valued at R16 299)
- Option 2: 6-Day 'China Capital' Land Tour (per person sharing) – R5 999 (valued at R16 299)
Valid tour dates: 2020 Feb 21, Nov 20, Dec 04, 11
Valid tour dates: 2020 Mar 06, 20, Apr 03, 17, May 08, 22, 29, Jun 12, 19, Jul 10, 24, Aug 07, 21, Sep 11, 18, Oct 09, 23, Nov 06, 13
Day 1: Depart Home – Beijing
- Begin your journey with the international flight to Beijing
- Meet and transfer to the hotel with your tour manager
Day 2: Beijing
- On the way to Tiananmen Square, photo stop at National Theatre
- Visit Tiananmen Square, and walk through the Forbidden City, home of the Chinese emperors and their household for five centuries
- Visit Hutong, the local and traditional Beijingese living area. Take the option to ride on a rickshaw and have a special lunch hosted by a local family, and enjoy the evening Kung Fu show (US$80 pp or RMB500 pp)
- Experience traditional Chinese Tea Culture
- Visit Silk factory to learn famous Chinese silk
Day 3: Beijing
- Visit 2008 Olympic Games Sites, Bird’s Nest & Water Cube (Outside)
- Visit Jade factory to learn Chinese Jade culture
- Walk in the clouds while hiking the 2,000-year-old Great Wall of China
- Visit Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) researching centre, and get some experiences about Chinese herb medicine and enjoy foot massage (at your own expense) after hiking on the great wall
- Enjoy optional Chang’an Avenue and The Place night tour (US$35 or RMB250 pp)
Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 4: Beijing
- Visit Temple of Heaven, on the way to Temple of Heaven, experience Morning exercise -Tai Chi lesson * Visit Capital Museum, which houses a large collection of ancient porcelain, bronze, calligraphy, painting, jade, sculpture, and Buddhist statues from imperial China as well as other Asian cultures
- Pearl Factor Outlet - A great place to buy pearls in China with "wholesale" prices, every strand of the lovely sea and freshwater pearls is negotiable
- Optional to visit Summer Palace and Beijing Zoo to see Pandas in the afternoon, and Peking Roasted Duck dinner (US$80 or RMB500 pp, lunch and dinner included)
Day 5: Beijing
- Free to explore the city on your own, or take the option:
- Option 1: Beijing City tour to Lama Temple and Flea market, transportation, guide, admission and lunch inclusive (US$80 pp or RMB500 pp)
- Option 2: Mutianyu Great Wall guided tour, transportation, guide, admission and lunch inclusive (US$100 pp or RMB650 pp)
Day 6: Beijing – Home
- You will be transferred to the airport via your scheduled flight back home or continues your journey to visit other cities in China
- Hotel accommodations – King Wing Hotel Beijing or similar
- Please Note: the hotel accommodation is valid for guided tour member use only. If customers leave the group guided tour after arriving in Beijing but stay in the group hotel, there will be US$300 penalty.
- Daily breakfast in hotel, lunch and dinner as specified in the itinerary
- Airport transfer for scheduled arrival date and departure date
- Local transportation during the guided tour
- English speaking guide
- Sightseeing admissions except for optional excursion
- International flight
- Visa fee if required
- Single supplement US$280 for solo traveller’s own room payable upon booking
- Tour tipping US$80 pp payable upon booking
- Optional excursions/tours
- Travel Insurance
- Personal expense
- Meals and drink other than specified
- Luggage fee and/or in-flight service charged by the airline
- Optional entertainment and tours payable upon arrival
- Trip delay, or interruption by an airline schedule change
- Extra cost or missing tour caused by flight delay or cancel
- Cost for anything not specifically mentioned in the listing above
See General Terms & Conditions of a voucher
You've Arrived! Check out Hyperli Flights powered by TravelStart. Find the cheapest flights, get an estimate and compare prices with major airlines on all international and local flights in seconds.
- The deal is valid for specific dates only – depending on the option purchased.
- Option 1 – Valid tour dates: 2020 Feb 21, Nov 20, Dec 04, 11
- Option 2 – Valid tour dates: 2020 Mar 06, 20, Apr 03, 17, May 08, 22, 29, Jun 12, 19, Jul 10, 24, Aug 07, 21, Sep 11, 18, Oct 09, 23, Nov 06, 13
- This offer is valid per person sharing.
- To confirm booking:
- Complete Online Reservation Form at https://www.merryttatravel.com/ChinaTours/ChinaCapital.shtml
- Click 'Book Now" tab and select your tour based on option purchased.
- Complete all passengers details. Please note where two people are travelling together two voucher codes and two security codes (if applied) are to be entered into areas provided on the booking form.
- You will be required to provide your credit card information to pay the balance of payments including the single supplement (if applied), and any optional tours if required.
- Promotion tour is non-refundable after Merry Travel confirms the booking.
You Save R11,300.00
Limited time only!
In a Nutshell
The deal is valid for specific dates only – depending on the option purchased. This offer is valid per person sharing. Complete Online Reservation Form to book.