Certificate In Research Skills with E-courses4you
It can be hard to know where to find good information that you can trust. This course will teach you how to research any topic using a number of different tools.
In this course, you will learn basic research skills, such as reading, memory recall, and note-taking. You will also learn how to create different kinds of outlines for different stages of your project, and how to move from the outline to writing, editing, and polishing. As well, you’ll learn how to find information using the library’s Dewey Decimal System, journals, and the Internet.
Recognition & Accreditation
These courses are internationally recognized and accredited by the International Association of Online Training Standards (IAOTS). The courses offered by e-Courses4You are unique as they are taught in a step by step process enabling students to complete them quickly and easily, so that you can obtain your qualification sooner. All students who complete the course receive a certificate of completion. e-Courses4You is committed to high completion rates and therefore 100% student satisfaction.
What’s the Deal?
- Certificate In Research Skills – R199 (valued at R2498)
What the course will teach you
- Identify the benefits of proper research and documentation
- Read for maximum information retention and recall
- Take effective notes
- Plan a research strategy
- Identify and use various types of research sources
- Much more...
Session 1: Course Overview
- Learning Objectives
Session 2: Why Are Research Skills Important?
- The Importance of Good Research Skills
- Additional skills
Session 3: Basic Skills
- Reading and Note-Taking Techniques
- GO-PARSE: Get Organized
- GO-PARSE: Preview
- GO-PARSE: Ask
- GO-PARSE: Read
- GO-PARSE: Summarize
- Common Shorthand Symbols
- More Summarizing Tips
- Go-PARSE: Evaluate
- PARSE in Action
- Improving Your Recall
- Attitude is Everything
- Use All Your Senses
- Sing It, Say It, Rhyme It
- Organize and Pattern
- Remember the 7±2 Rule
- The Ladder of Abstraction
Session 4: Planning Your Research Strategy
- A Research Model
- Identifying a Focal Point
- Your One-Minute Pitch
- Getting Focused
- Writing a Draft Outline
Session 5: Where to Look and What to Look For
- Primary vs. Secondary Sources
- Analyzing Sources
- Using Others' Bibliographies
Session 6: Finding Information the Old-Fashioned Way
- Useful Resources: Reference Sources
- Useful Resources: Journals and Trade Publications
- Useful Resources: Your Network
- Understanding the Dewey Decimal System
- Understanding the Dewey Decimal System: The First Summary
- Understanding the Dewey Decimal System: The Second Summary
- Understanding the Dewey Decimal System: The Third Summary
Session 7: Researching with the Internet
- Finding the Good Stuff: Our Favorite Sites
- About Wikipedia
- Mind Mapping
Session 8: Getting Ready to Write
- Writing a Draft Outline
- Organizing Your Notes
Session 9: Putting Pen to Paper
- Writing Basics
- The Four C's
- Checklist for Revising
- Checklist for Revising: Check the Length
- Checklist for Revising: Check the Organizational Structure
- Checklist for Revising: Check the Style
- Checklist for Revising: Check the Spelling, Grammar, and Punctuation
- Don't Plagiarize!
- Documentation Styles
- Citing Sources
- Entry Components
- Putting it Into Practice
Session 10: A Personal Action Plan
- Starting Point
- Where I Want to Go
- How I Will Get There
View the course here.
- Validity: The deal is valid until 31st December 2020.
- Online redemption required.
- Link to redeem vouchers: http://e-courses4you.com/register/
- Only 6 to 8 hours of study is required per course.
- No refunds or cancellations once redeemed.
Minimum specifications for the computer are:
- Microsoft Windows XP, or later
- Modern and up to date Browser (Internet Explorer 8 or later, Firefox, Chrome, Safari)
- OSX/iOS 6 or later
- Modern and up to date Browser (Firefox, Chrome, Safari)
- All systems:
- Internet bandwidth of 1Mb or faster
- Flash player or a browser with HTML5 video capabilities (We recommend Google Chrome)
- Unlimited lifetime access
- Access anywhere, any time
- Fast effective training, written and designed by industry experts
- Unlimited support
- Save money, time and travel costs
- Learn at your own pace and leisure
- Easier to retain knowledge and revise topics than traditional methods
You Save R2,299.00
Limited time only!
In a Nutshell
Validity: The deal is valid until 31st December 2020. Online redemption required. Link to redeem vouchers: http://e-courses4you.com/register/ Only 6 to 8 hours of study is required per course. No refunds or cancellations once redeemed.