Breakfast and a Game Drive for up to Six at Rietvlei Coffee Shop
The thrill of enjoying a delicious meal and other tasty nibbles, while relaxing in nature is the stuff that memories are made of. An easy escape from the bustle of the city, the old unique house converted into a coffee shop, is the perfect destination to come to after a drive, hike or tour. Serving a wide range of traditional favourites, with indoor and outdoor seating options, Rietvlei is the ideal setting for family and friends to gather and relax while enjoying various food menus including breakfast, light meals and dessert, as well as tea and coffee.
What's the Deal?
- Breakfast and a game drive for two – R199 (valued at R384)
- Breakfast and a game drive for four – R389 (valued at R768)
- Breakfast and a game drive for six – R545 (valued at R1152)
- Game drives time: 1.5 hours
- Game drives: Weekend and public holidays (08h00 and 09h30), Tuesday to Friday (09h30)
- Report 30 min prior to game drive booking.
- Look out for: cheetah, leopard, buffalo, wildebeest,eland, rhino, zebra, lions and much more!
- 2 eggs, 2 rashes of bacon,1 grilled tomato,2 slices of toast chips
More About Rietvlei Coffee Shop
Undulating golden grassy hills, vleis and a brilliant blue dam characterise the perfect backdrop to this wonderful nature reserve and coffee shop. Situated 18km from the centre of Pretoria, the reserve is an idyllic home to 1 600 head of game – which can be easily spotted from your vehicle.
There are currently six lions at Rietvlei, Three adults (about seven years old) and three sub adults (about four years old).Each pride consists of one male and two female, thereby preventing a merge.It is important to note that both males have been sterilized to prevent breeding.
All six lions are hand reared. The three adults, where confiscated from an owner who was keeping them illegally, as pets.The three sub adults where donated to the reserve and come from a company who used them to do "walking with the lions" tours.All six lions can therefore not be released into the main reserve or the wild, as they are unable to hunt effectively ( it takes a lion two years to learn how to hunt in the wild).
Each pride is currently kept in two enclosures, a larger 150 hector (1.5 square km) camp and a smaller one hector (100 square meter) camp,which is located within the larger camp.
At any given time three lions are free roaming within the 150 hector camp (allowing guides to drive their open safari vehicles amongst them) and three lions are within the one hector camp(allowing guides and visitors the opportunity to view them from a viewing platform).
On feeding days, all six lions are brought into and fed within the one hector camp (which is subdivided).After feeding, the lions are then rotated, ensuring that all get a chance to roam the larger camp.
- The deal is valid for three months from date of purchase
- Reservation required: Call 082 500 4422.
- Voucher must be presented upon arrival
- 48-hour cancellation policy applies.
- No-shows forfeit Voucher.
- Report 30 minutes prior to game drive booking time.
- Additional gate fee at entrance of Reserve: Adults - R55, Children between the age of 6 to 16 and Pensioners - R30, under 5 years - R7
- Game drive: 1.5 Hours
- Game drives over weekends and public holidays 08h00 and 09h30; Tuesday to Friday 09h30 game drive
- Subject to availability
In a Nutshell
The deal is valid for three months from date of purchase Reservation required: Call 082 500 4422. Voucher must be presented upon arrival. Additional gate fee at entrance of reserve.