Become A Commercial Film Director with Vizual Coaching AcademyMerchant Name Location
In this course you’ll find out more about the world of film, and how a commercial film director helps bring a story to the big screen. You’ll see the basics covered in a virtual classroom, and on-location via video, so you’ll see first-hand what a director does as a scene is being shot. With over five hours of course content, you’ll gain a good understanding of the Production and editorial process, and what a film director does.
What’s the deal?
- Become A Commercial Film Director – R399 (valued at R3557)
Key Learning Points:
Introduction To Directing A Commercial
- Evolution of film-making.
- All the creative roles and art forms involved in films.
- Breaking down a commercial from storyboard and budget through to execution and editing.
- Explaining some of the terminology involved.
- What is real and feasible on set and within budget.
- A look at a standard budget form and the breakdown of a commercial budget.
- Pre-Production, shooting, location expenses, equipment, talent, post-Production and elements of a budget.
- Commercials that don’t have a story, and instead focus on a deal, emotion, or call to action.
- Delve into framing and art direction
On Set Part 1
- True to life example of an on-location table reading.
- A look at the characters in the scene, where they will be, and what they will be doing.
- The director’s role in portraying the visual aspects of the film.
- Examining the different aspects of directing a screen, including lines of action, master shots and coverage angles.
- Troubleshooting on-set with coverage and angles, challenges such as change in outside lighting from day to night.
- Further coverage of directing a scene and the staged process of shooting camera angles.
- A look at French overs (shooting over the back of people), and aspects of wardrobe & art direction.
- Look at how to shoot in doorways.
On Set Part 2
- A look at what’s involved in indoor and outdoor lighting of scenes, with examples.
- Examine light sensitivity, and adjusting this on the camera.
- A look at colour temperature – definition and the properties of a light source, and how this is applied in filmmaking.
- Examining different camera lenses, and how to achieve ideal aperture and depth of field.
Editing A Commercial
- Examining footage and choosing different takes to make the final edit.
- A look at matching and jump shots in the final edit, and how they are used to create a seamless result.
- Editing on Premiere Pro program.
- The use of cutaway shots in a scene and how they can add impact.
- Troubleshooting and ironing out mistakes in editing.
- The importance of continuity.
Units of Study
- Introduction to Directing a Commercial
- On Set Part 1
- On Set Part 2
- Editing a Commercial
For more Info: https://www.vizualcoaching.com/lifestyle-interests/acting-Production/become-a-commercial-film-director
Valid until 31 December 2021.
Redeem online: www.vizualcoaching.com/redeem-voucher
Redeem course within 1 month from date of purchase.
No refunds on online courses.
No-shows forfeit Hyperli voucher.
Technical support available 24/5 via email, telephone and online chat.
Access to course material for 12 months.
Training runs on any Compatibility: Windows, Mac, iPhone, iPad, Android.
Training material available in English only.
Course log-in details and instructions will be emailed to you within three working days of redemption.
Course completion certificate included.
Browser settings need to be changed when using a Mac.
Software not included.
Information found https://www.vizualcoaching.com/faqs