Shark Cage Diving Experience for One or Two Including Breakfast and SnacksMerchant Name Location
An experience of a lifetime; exhilarating and mind blowing!
Step out of your comfort zone and dive with the great white sharks in the Capital of the Great White; also known as Gansbaai.
Try something new, exciting and possibly even daring. Free the more adventurous side of you and enjoy a day out on the magnificent waters within the shark den!
What’s the Deal?
- Shark Cage Diving Experience for One Including Breakfast and Snacks – R1599 (valued at R2200)
- Shark Cage Diving Experience for Two Including Breakfast and Snacks – R3169 (valued at R4400)
* Hyperli voucher holders are entitled to 10% off all in-store merchandise
About the Experience
Your white shark trip starts in Kleinbaai, just a few minutes’ drive outside of Gansbaai. Early morning you arrive at your shark operators’ crew house.
Enjoy breakfast on location whilst listening to the dive briefing. Choose your wetsuit and other gear to be loaded onto the boat before walking down to the jetty ready to depart. The boat sets off on a 20 minute journey before anchoring either in the famous Shark Alley or nearby. The boat is operated by qualified and competent crew members. Crew includes a skipper, dive master and deckhand. The crew members are also trained things such as firefighting and medic.
After anchoring, the crew starts to chum for the sharks. Chum is a mixture of tuna heads; pilchards and fish oil all mixed up and blended with sea water. This mixture is thrown overboard almost continuously throughout the day in order to create an oily chum slick. The chum slick gets carried into the current and when a great white shark swims across the current and smells the chum, it swims up the chum slick towards the boat to investigate and scavenge on this “dead animal” that it had smelled. It is for this purpose that the crew now also throws a tuna head on a rope into the ocean. The shark sees this and then stays interested in the boat as otherwise it would circle the boat once or twice and then leave. The bait is not fed to the sharks but it is kept in the water in order to keep the sharks interest in the boat and cage.
Once the sharks have arrived the cage is put in the water. Should the sharks be comfortable with the cage and they hang around the first divers may enter the cage. Before you get into the cage you put your dive gear on which includes a wetsuit with hoodie and booties along with a mask. Not all boats supply weight belts so make sure that you request this prior to your trip should you wish to use it. No air devices are used. The great white sharks do not like the noise or sight of bubbles and as we want them to come as close to the cage as possible we simply let you hold your breath and pull yourself below the water for a few seconds at a time. As the sharks mostly circle the boat you will have more than enough dive time to view the sharks as they pass the front of the cage.
You will spend about 20 minutes in the cage after which another set of divers will enter the cage whilst you enjoying the viewing from the boat. Should you not wish to cage dive, don’t worry, the viewing from the boat is exceptional and as a non-diver you will also have an awesome experience! For those die hard divers out there, you are welcome to enter the cage a second time.
- The boat is at sea for roughly 2 to 3 hours depending on the condition.
- On-board you can enjoy the complimentary mineral water, snacks and drinks.
- No alcohol or smoking is allowed on any of the great white shark cage diving boats in Gansbaai.
The boat returns to Kleinbaai harbour and all the divers and non-divers now get a chance to view the daytrip DVD whilst enjoying lunch. The day trip DVD is a DVD which is filmed on the day of the trip. The film is of the entire group and you have an option to purchase this as a souvenir. It is immediately available after your shark trip.
- The voucher is valid for 6 months from the date of purchase
- Bookings are essential: call 082 442 3059 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email your Hyperli voucher to secure your booking - email@example.com
- A 24-hour cancellation policy applies
- This offer is valid from Monday to Sunday
- This activity is weather permitting
- For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- This Hyperli voucher entitles you to a 10% off all in-store merchandise
- If transport is needed, an optional transfer from Cape Town will be at an additional cost of R500 pp payable directly to Shark Divers
- The boat is at sea for roughly 2 to 3 hours depending on the condition
- The offer includes complimentary mineral water, snacks and drinks
- No alcohol or smoking is allowed on any of the great white shark cage diving boats in Gansbaai
- A day trip DVD can be purchased as a souvenir - it is immediately available after your shark trip ;
Select an OptionValidity: The deal is valid for 6 months from the date of purchase.
R1,390.43 Excl. VAT R1,599.00 Incl. VAT R1,913.04 Excl. VAT R2,200.00 Incl. VAT39% Off
Shop & Enjoy Now! Pay Later!
7, Kus Road, Gansbaai, Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa, 7220
Please notify me when stock is available!
Unfortunately, some stock will not be replenished. Should your selected product not become available within three months, your request will be deleted automatically.
Please note that we advise you to act on this notification as soon as you receive it. Due to this item's popularity, stock could be sold out if you wait too long. Stock is not reserved, so it would be in your best interest to shop your desired item immediately after receiving the notification.